Information for New or Potential Members
Mid-Columbia Christian Home School Co-op services The Dalles, Oregon and surrounding areas.
Cost of membership is $15.00 per year per family (regardless of family size). Members may be asked to contribute snacks, supplies, or small additional fees ($1-2) for some of the activities that they attend.
Members may choose to participate in any or none of the activities offered. Those who are in their second or greater year of membership are expected to plan or organize at least one activity for the group each year.
If you would like to become a member, please print the brochure, below, to access a membership form. Mail the completed form with your check for $15.00 to Tawny Garrett, 3680 Brown’s Creek Road, The Dalles, Oregon 97058.
We, as members of this support group, share the common foundational belief that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, the final authority in the affairs of mankind. We, as parents, are committed to fulfilling our God-given responsibility to train our children in the way they should go within the scriptural content of the home. Thus, we have chosen to home educate our children.
- To be of assistance in equipping parents. To share information with and provide encouragement for the parents of Christian home schooling families.
- To promote student development and excellence. To offer enriching learning opportunities for home schooled children.
- To offer opportunities for positive shared experiences for home schooling families, whereby our families might benefit from the interactions with each other.
- To be a source of information and assistance to families considering home schooling.
- To be a positive, unified, visible presence in the community for the basic right of parents to guide their children.
- To keep families informed concerning political issues that may affect home schoolers.
Basic Doctrinal Statement
- The Bible, constituting the complete and final revelation of God, in its original autograph, is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts, as well as geographical and historical details.
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was God come in human flesh, being fully God and man, except without sin.
- All men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character, both by nature and act, and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation. The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross – the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection.
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone.
Doctrinal Statement used by permission, The Teaching Home
Contacts for New Homeschoolers
Home School Notification
Oregon: Region 21 Education Service District
400 East Scenic Drive
The Dalles, OR 97058
Washington: Lyle School District
Oregon Homeschool Notification pdf (Note: This particular form is not required. You may simply write a note. The form is provided by the school district for your convenience.)
Legal Protection and Political Alerts:
Home School Legal Defense Association
PO Box 159
Paeonian Springs, VA 20129
State Required Testing
Basic Skills Assessment and Educational Services
Note: Mid-Columbia Christian Home School Co-op arranges annually for Basic Skills to travel from Portland and test our students here in The Dalles. Basic Skills charges a fee (around $40) for this service. You can also contact Basic Skills on your own.
19144 Molalla Avenue
Oregon City, Oregon
This is a private school which invites homeschoolers to test with their students each year. This is a courtesy. You pay only for the cost of the testing materials (around $40). Make a reservation early (January).
333 East 12th Street
The Dalles, Oregon 97058